Wednesday, November 30, 2005

She's a lady, Whoa whoa whoa

Hey y'all, What's up? When I would write notes to my friends (okay, really only Ali) in junior high, the mandatory opener was Hey, Waz up (but an arrow pointing up). I was sooooooooooooooo cool. And original.
Past few days have been pretty exciting for me...Thanksgiving was celebrated with an awk-ward dinner. Originally, Prof and I had invited my two Canada best friends (Cookie and Larn) and his fave student (E-ban) to dine with us. Well, Cookie and E-ban were an item for about 2 years up until two or so weeks ago. Larn is E-ban's sister as well as one of Cookie's BFF, however she is at Waterloo. None of us thought things between Cookie and E-ban would get too weird because Larn would be there also. But no. She had to WORK. Can you believe it? I know. Who does that anymore? In all, it wasn't too weird. I am sure the fact that I couldn't be bothered to shower was worse than the fresh ex-s spending a day together. Here is a picture of my dirtiness.


The 29th was our third year wedding anniversary. Apparently that is leather. And we had a leather-ific year. I surprised the prof with dinner out at our favorite restaurant in St. Catharines, Wellington Court. Quite yummy food with copious amounts of red wine. The prof got me a card where he poured out his love and devotion to me. I didn't get him a card, so after dinner we went to the store to pick one up. That still counts, right? I took a picture of him then he took a picture of me so my blog-readers could feel like they were right there with us! Can't you taste the lamb rack and beef carpaccio?

Now, I must go in a completely different direction with this post. My mom commented on a previous post "I can't believe you put a picture of me on the web!" She comments anonymously. This all strikes me as quite mysterious. What are you hiding from Sharona? Are you a spy a la Angelina Jolie in Mr. and Mrs. Smith? I'd buy it. To be the daughter you know and love, I will now present a little piece I like to call "Saber: Portraits of m-m-m-my Sharona"
On other familial matters, I have inspired my younger bro to start up a blog. Jon is an amazing young man who is too cute and you can't help but love him to pieces. He is currently a businessman (I'm not going to pretend to know what he does, he so has a Chandler job) but loves to cook and eat. His blog is a review of restaurants in Phoenix, the town he calls home. so if you live in the area or are going to visit, check it out. I know my readers couldn't be put off by colorful comments, but just in case, he does "go there". And since this is such a pic intensive blog, here is one of my Jon-Jon. He's taken, though ladies. Sorry Larn, I know you wanted to do him. Here is the man's blog. Hit it, yo.
That's it folks. I hope to post before my big trip to Hawaii, but if not, I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa and/or Solstice. Regardless of which holiday you celebrate, let's remember this is a time to give to others and show fellow human beings peace and love.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

Notice how I check you blog everyday and I know when you update!!

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

http://www.onehorseshy.com/highbrow/no_one_cares_about_your_blog?p=onehorseshy.34131603

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home