Saturday, August 27, 2005

We shall call him...Papaya

The name of our garden bunny will be Papaya, a fitting tropical fruit name for our new, inanimate pet. Heather from work gets credit for that.

Travis and I went to the Port Dalhousie Carousel today for the first time ever. We shelled out 5 cents each for the ride. While we were waiting, we picked out which horses we wanted. Well, Travis got on a lion, so that's not really a horse, but you know what I mean. My horse was white with sparkly mirrors on it and a purple saddle. We managed to get on the ones we wanted even though we were at the end of the line. That's when Travis realized ours don't go up and down. He wanted to try to return his carousel ride and get his money back because of course, you can't move when the ride starts and that is when you realize that your horse won't go up and down. Nothing you can do.

Its similar to when you are at a restaurant and they bring you your food then immediately ask if you want fresh ground pepper or cheese on it. I mean, hello, you obviously haven't taken a bite yet, how do you know? Maybe it is a very cheesy, peppery dish and it doesn't need anymore. Maybe the dish is just cheese and pepper. And why are those the only things we are offered freshly ground? I like fresh ground salt. And maybe some nutmeg in my desert. Only once have I tried to enlighten a server on this and she gave me a WTF look and then I am sure garnished my other dishes with things not so fresh ground.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Melanie said...

Yah I am the first person to write a comment.
I also have a blog thing...but i never did anything with it, so you inspired me to write in it today...nothing worth reading though b/c it doesn't say much..
Da well....
Ok I guess that it is....talk to u later

3:01 PM  
Blogger Kristen D said...

Yeah melanoma! I like the puppies on your blog.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home